|THE GARIBALDI MEUCCI
Today the museum is a National Landmark owned and operated by the Order Sons of Italy in America. In 1919, the Garibaldi Society turned the building over to the National Order Sons of Italy in America (OSIA). With the assistance of the cultural department of the Italian embassy, the artifacts were collected from around the world to serve as a base for ongoing exhibits in the house. In May of 1956, the house was opened to the public and rededicated as the Garibaldi Meucci Museum.
Resource Category: STATEN ISLAND SCENE - PROGRAMS
Added: Jan 17, 2006