Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mon Jun 26
Tue Jun 27
Wed Jun 28
Thu Jun 29
Fri Jun 30
Sat Jul 01
Sun Jul 02
Statement by Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Statement by Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff Reply with quote

Press Releases

Statement by Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff on the Resignation of the Director of Operations

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
March 2, 2006

General Matthew Broderick has announced his resignation as Director of the Operations Directorate for the Department of Homeland Security, effective March 31. After more than 30 years of distinguished service in the Marine Corps, Matt answered the call to serve our nation yet again by building the Homeland Security Operations Center. Over the past three years, Matt made tremendous contributions to our homeland security, having planned and coordinated countless national security events and intra-agency activities. Most recently, he led the start-up of the Operations Directorate, established after the Second Stage Review. Matt worked tirelessly to ensure the integration of the department, always demonstrating coolness in crisis and energy and integrity in the execution of his duties, under the most difficult circumstances.

I will miss him personally and professionally. I recognize the great sacrifice he and his family have made because of the extraordinary demands of his position, and I fully support his decision to spend more time with his family. On behalf of a grateful nation, I thank Matt for his remarkable service. He has left an indelible mark on the department and on our country.

###
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Press Releases All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: