Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sun Mar 26
Mon Mar 27
Tue Mar 28
Wed Mar 29
Thu Mar 30
Fri Mar 31
Sat Apr 01
Where to Turn Cleanu...
Bruce Decell's testimony before the N.Y.C. Council on 3/29

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Bruce Decell's testimony before the N.Y.C. Council on 3/29
From Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:00 am to Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:59 am (included)

Bruce Decell's testimony before the N.Y.C. Council on 3/29/06 in support of HR 4437 - The Border Protection, Anti-terrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005.

March 29, 2006

Mr. Chairman, members of the New York City Council, speakers and

guests, I want to thank you for allowing me to address you this afternoon

about the Border Protection, Anti-Terrorism, and Illegal Immigration

Control Act of 2005.

My name is Bruce De Cell and I am here representing 9/11 Families for a

Secure America. 9/11FSA is an organization made up of family members

of 9/11 civilians and first responders murdered on September 11, 2001.

We came together as an organization some four years ago to advocate for

reforms directly related to the failures of our government to protect

our loved ones and all United States Citizens from the horrific attacks

that occurred on September 11th.

Let me take a minute to tell you the story of my family’s personal loss

experienced on September 11th. My son in-law Mark Petrocelli who

married my daughter Nicole two years and nine months before 9/11 was

murdered on September 11th 2001.

Mark was to me the son I never had; he was two days shy of his 29th birthday.

Mark was a kind loving husband, a warm and funny young man who was the life of

the party and the apple of his mom and dad’s eye. My daughter Nicole

loved him with all her heart, their whole lives laid ahead of them. I could go on and on about how wonderful Mark was to all who knew him; our family will never forget him and will

always be diminished as a result of his murder. We will miss him always.

In our search for answers we began to do research into the murderous

attacks that took Mark and so many Americans from us. We were horrified

to discover the many failures of our elected officials to carry out and

enforce the immigration laws that were already on the books. This lack

of enforcement was accomplished by under funding the manpower requirements

needed in numerous aspects of investigative and administrative duties at the immigration service placing undue burden on investigators who were responsible to produce numbers of completed cases placing little or no value on accuracy. Fulfilling the stated missions of these laws and regulations to ensure our safety and security was not then and is not now the priority. Today over 4 years after 9/11 this is a major reason for the dysfunction of our immigration system.

Elected officials in this Country from city councils to the President

of the United States have failed to up hold their oath of office to

ensure the safety of its citizens above their desire to gain monetary

support for their re-election campaigns by special interest groups, and in

this case, specifically the illegal immigration lobby. This is a reality of

how politicians are funded. We have come to learn that most of our

elected officials are the best that money can buy.

Prior to September 11th, security was always put on the back burner to

corporate special interests on the right and radical left wing

supporters of open borders who view illegal aliens as a possible voting block

in their favor. The average citizen has been unaware of this unholy

alliance working against naturalized citizens and legal immigrants in this

country. This negligence in our immigration enforcement played a big

role in the events of September 11th and after that day the American

public for the most part woke up and now see that for decades our elected

officials in their lust for votes and cheap labor in this global

economic environment have put our nation’s security behind their agenda for

money and power. This must change. Perhaps it will change because the

majority of elected officials will develop a conscience and enact common sense legislation

to the protect the citizens who they purport to serve. Or maybe ordinary citizens who need to

protect their families will exercise their right to vote out these unscrupulous officials.

On December 21, 2005 this City Council passed a resolution. Number 1009 which expressed

opposition to the Real ID Act of 2005, this action put the safety and security of

citizens of New York City and the nation in jeopardy. The City Council then put the welfare

of illegal aliens before the citizen who elected them. The language the council used in resolution 1009 was incorrect. The Real ID Act of 2005 would not deny legal immigrants the privilege to

obtain a drivers license because legal immigrants can obtain a social security number or other documents necessary to fulfill the requirements under the Real ID , but it would deny illegal aliens and the terrorists among them from getting state issued ID. Lest we forget that is how the 9/11 terrorist gained access to the planes they hijacked killing the flight crews and then flying into the W.T.C., Pentagon and a field in Pa. killing nearly 3000 innocent people.

I hope the City Council has come to know the difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens and the terrorists among them and does not make the same mistake twice.

9/11 FSA demand that you not support any amnesty for illegal aliens. We

demand in the strongest terms that you support the Border Protection,

Antiterrorism and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005. We must

control our borders and enforce our internal immigration laws before there

can be any integrity to our immigration system.

A Washington Times article on 6/6/06 by Stephen Dinan cited a GAO report of the

United States Citizenship and Immigration Service, the agency that would be responsible

for administering an amnesty. It stated our immigration system cannot function adequately. There are huge backlogs in all areas of the immigration system and fraud and corruption is rampant. Our immigration system today is less able to handle the volumes of illegal immigrants coming into our country than they were in 1986. We must look at the mistakes we made then and learn from

them or we are destined to repeat history. Can this city afford another terrorist attack? By supporting any legislation that grants amnesty to the many millions of illegal aliens present in our city and nation you will be doing just that, facilitating future terrorist attacks. By definition an illegal alien is someone who’s true identity is unknown.

The added pressure the immigration system received in 1986 when then president Regan instituted our nations “one time amnesty” of approximately 1 and half million eligible illegal aliens turned out to be more than 3 million due to massive fraud. One of the first World Trade Center

bombing participants was a middle easterner who was driving a New York City taxi cab and was given amnesty as an agricultural worker; another WTC bombing participant applied for amnesty and was denied but never removed from our country. Another lucky amnesty recipient was a terrorist who killed American citizens sitting in their cars outside of C.I.A .headquarters in Virginia.

Many violent people like this were given amnesty and the right to stay in our country in 1986 because our government did not have the political will to stand up for the security of American citizens. Unbelievably we have less political will today due to the increasing and unending

appetite for cheap labor.

In our post 9/11 world there is no room in our nation for people who can not be properly

Identified, who can be the judge of what a terrorist or felon looks like from a person who just wants to work or go to school or kill Americans. It is past time that our government put our citizens’ safety and security before votes, money, or political pandering.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Press Releases All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: