Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sat Jun 24
Sun Jun 25
Mon Jun 26
Tue Jun 27
Wed Jun 28
Thu Jun 29
Fri Jun 30
Graffiti Removal Update 6/14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Changing the Face of Staten Island Graffiti Removal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Graffiti Removal Update 6/14
From Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:00 am to Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:59 am (included)

Attached please find photos of this weekend’s major cleanups.

As promised we returned to Mrs. Gray’s house and finished the paint over.

I would like to recognize Rick and Sean our two volunteers who spent the entire day at the site and repainted the entire first floor of the house.

They did a phenomenal job.

We are still looking for help with the DOT to get a street light installed on the corner to prevent future graffiti.

On Thursday we got a call from the Parks Department. The stone wall at the end of Sprague Ave (corner of Surf at the water’s edge in Tottenville) had been covered with graffiti. Unfortunately we do not have any before pictures as I forgot the camera but trust me these sites were covered with graffiti.

With the help of Rob Hagen (an adult volunteer) and water supplied by the local residents we were able to power wash the entire wall and remove all of the graffiti.

Rob has signed on as a regular volunteer for future cleanups hopefully the first of many.

In our effort to support the environment no chemicals were used in the clean up.

Back to the Beach next Saturday so we have not scheduled for Saturday or Sunday.

I would like to recruit a few adult volunteers for Friday night as I would like to clean up security gates that need to be done after businesses close.

The cleanups will only last a few hours and begin at 7:00 PM

Hopefully we will be able to get a van from one of the precincts to hit these locations that are now accumulating.

Regular cleanups will resume 6/28.

Happy Father’s Day

Dennis

Graffiti 0614 001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.96 KB
 Viewed:  2508 Time(s)

Graffiti 0614 001.jpg

Graffiti 0614 003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.67 KB
 Viewed:  2509 Time(s)

Graffiti 0614 003.jpg

Graffiti 0614 002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.31 KB
 Viewed:  2509 Time(s)

Graffiti 0614 002.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Changing the Face of Staten Island Graffiti Removal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: