Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Thu Jun 22
Fri Jun 23
Sat Jun 24
Sun Jun 25
Mon Jun 26
Tue Jun 27
Wed Jun 28
Graffiti Update 8/5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Changing the Face of Staten Island Graffiti Removal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Graffiti Update 8/5
From Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:00 am to Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:59 am (included)

We were not able to start mural 7 today because they tagged the location last night.

This seems to reinforce what we are trying to do.

When we clear regular target area the taggers just see it as a new canvas and hit it almost immediately.

The regular target areas where we have painted murals have yet to be hit.

I will go out tomorrow morning before work and paint over the site again so that Scott can begin the mural tomorrow.

I have notified the Commander of the 122 and he is going to keep an eye on the site till Scott is finished.

We are also looking into a new wireless, solar powered technology called Q-Star that is activated by motion and sets off a bright flash and voice message while taking digital downloadable photos of the offenders.

These devices are movable and illuminate a large area with enough resolution to identify vandals in total darkness while the date and time are recorded on the digital file.

I am meeting with a representative from Q-Star this week. Even though the devices are $6,000 apiece it may be worth it to purchase a few to deploy throughout the Island.

I will be reaching out to our elected officials and the Graffiti Task Force to see if they are interested in pursuing this option.

From what I have seen they have been very effective in other cities. We will be willing to partner in the purchase of the first unit.

We currently only have funding for our 8th mural we really need some support recruiting sponsors.

Thanks

Dennis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Changing the Face of Staten Island Graffiti Removal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: