Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sun Jun 25
Mon Jun 26
Tue Jun 27
Wed Jun 28
Thu Jun 29
Fri Jun 30
Sat Jul 01
9/11 “WE REMEMBER WALKS” SUSPENDED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: 9/11 “WE REMEMBER WALKS” SUSPENDED
From Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 am to Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:59 am (included)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 9/1/09 Contact: Rev. Bill Minson 310.403.0400

9/11 “WE REMEMBER WALKS” SUSPENDED TO FIGHT FOR PASSAGE OF 1st RESPONDERS ZADROGA 9/11 HEALTH BILL

Dear 9/11 Family Member, Survivor, Responder or Volunteer,

As another September begins your loved ones are in my heart and you are in our prayers.

Due to the mounting sickness and death of 9/11 responders the annual WE REMEMBER WALKS that have taken place to honor the memory of all lost on September 11th since 2002 will be SUSPENDED until the James Zadroga Health & Compensation Act is passed by Congress and signed by the President. The disregard for their heroism MUST end now!

Since September 13, 2001 it has been my honor and privilege to offer you support, encouragement and my daily prayers to help you move forward following the horrific attacks we endured. Your strength has lifted me and I am thankful for the character and resolve so many of you have exhibited, you have truly blessed my life and inspired me.

I was embarrassed recently to discover the situation facing those who ran to save lives and retrieve remains for devastated family members. Last year I joined forces with John Feal and the Fealgood Foundation to make the movie SAVE THE BRAVE, which would bring Members of Congress face to face with the suffering our brave responders and their families now face. 3-400 had died when I first heard of this; the number is now over 800!

You have never received a donation request from me but today I ask you to purchase SAVE THE BRAVE, which will help 1st Responders in need and honor the memory of Greg Quibell and John McNamara, two incredible men who appear in the movie and are now gone. All proceeds go to the Fealgood Foundation and I received no fee for producing.

As we produced SAVE THE BRAVE last year it detracted from the time we would use in promoting the WE REMEMBER WALKS. I am deeply grieved this year to not continue our tradition of recognizing the losses of 9/11 but I know the focus of all our energy must be on honoring and helping those in desperate need; respectfully I’m asking for your help.

We cannot allow this suffering to continue, so I ask you to go to Fealgoodfoundation.com, purchase the DVD “SAVE THE BRAVE” and support the Zadroga 9/11 Health Bill. I continue to pray for you daily and will see you next year at the WE REMEMBER WALKS.

My special thanks to Carrie Konjoyan, my West Coast WALK coordinator. Please join us as we pray for the fire fighters battling the CA fires. Our first responders’ heroism is never ending; let’s keep them and their families in our prayers each day at noon, GOD bless you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Press Releases All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: