Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed Mar 22
Thu Mar 23
Fri Mar 24
Sat Mar 25
Prom Dress Giveaway ...
Sun Mar 26
Mon Mar 27
Tue Mar 28
I VOLUNTEER INFO FORUM PRESS RELEASE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: I VOLUNTEER INFO FORUM PRESS RELEASE
From Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:00 am to Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:59 am (included)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 24, 2009

I VOLUNTEER INFORMATION FORUM

When: Saturday, September 26, 2009

1 PM - 3 PM

Where:

On the Grounds of
South Beach Psychiatric Center

777 Seaview Ave

Staten Island, NY 10305

This event is sponsored by; NYC Dept of Parks and Recreation and Where-To-Turn

In April you were invited to join us for the 1st "I Volunteer" sign up event at South Beach Psychiatric Center. Many suggested that the event be held in September so that the students who are required to fulfill a community service requirement will have enough time to plan and spend their time wisely. September will also enable many not for profit groups the ability to sign up volunteers for the remainder of 2009 through spring of 2010.

All not for profit groups are invited to have a table at the "I Volunteer" event for FREE. 1 Table and 1 chair can be provided to each not for profit OR you can bring your own folding table and chair. You must supply items for your own comfort, such as; tent or umbrella, food and beverages.

Where-to-Turn will sponsor an incentive to the students as follows:

4 hours of community service time will be granted to any student that attends the event.

$500 award will be granted to the elementary school (7th and 8th graders only) with the highest attendance.

$500 award will be granted to the high school with the highest attendance.

For easier accessibility the event will be held outside on the grounds of South Beach Psychiatric Center located adjacent to the parking lot.

RAIN LOCATION WILL BE INSIDE THE BUILDING IN THE GYM.

To Register, or If you have any questions, or wish to discuss this further, please call Cheryl 718-390-8024 or email Cheryl.luwisch@parks.nyc.gov or Dennis McKeon 718-966-6531 or email info@where-to-turn.org

This is a "meet and greet" volunteer opportunity!

Together WE can make a difference!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Press Releases All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: