Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Fri May 26
Sat May 27
Sun May 28
Mon May 29
Tue May 30
Wed May 31
Thu Jun 01
MESSAGE FROM TIME WARNER CEO: RE SANDY

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> SANDY SUPPORT INFORMATION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DMCKEON
Site Admin


Joined: Mar 17, 2005
Posts: 22572
Location: Staten Island

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: MESSAGE FROM TIME WARNER CEO: RE SANDY
From Nov 12, 2012 to Nov 26, 2012 (included)
Reply with quote

November 12, 2012

To Our Customers in the Greater NY-NJ Metropolitan Area:

The last couple of weeks have certainly been a challenging time for everyone on the East Coast, particularly those of us who live in the tri-state area—especially those of us in New York and northern New Jersey. Just as we began to make progress in tackling the problems left by Hurricane Sandy, an early November snowstorm threatened to slow our recovery efforts. Sandy hit some of us very hard; others, to a lesser extent. But, I think it’s fair to say that we have all been affected by the disaster in some way.

Time Warner Cable is headquartered in New York and we, too, call it home. Like many of you, our systems and our employees suffered the effects of the storm, and we are working hard to get fully back on our feet. We thank you for your patience as we relentlessly focus on restoring service to all of our affected customers. Today, 97% of our customers in the area who were impacted by the storm are back in service. And, notably, a significant portion of the remaining 3% of our customers who do not have service are currently without power or unable to inhabit their homes at this time. To those of you still waiting, we greatly appreciate your continued patience. You have our commitment to not slow down until all of our services are, once again, fully operational.

Meanwhile, here are some of the things we are doing to hopefully make your life simpler and easier as we work to make that commitment a reality:
• Posting automatic credits to the accounts of residential and commercial customers in the hardest-hit parts of our service area. If you are impacted by service outages and do not receive an automatic credit, please call us so we can issue one right away.
• Sharing outage details with you on our website, www.twc.com/hurricanesandy. For some areas, we list street-by-street service outages with the specific cause and estimated date of repair.
• Positioning a member of our technical team in NYC’s Office of Emergency Management, so we can better coordinate with the local utility companies when they confront blackouts.
• Bringing our Mobile Charging Stations with WiFi to affected areas. We’re adding laptops and iPads to the stations so that neighbors can file a FEMA report or simply send an email. We’re also deploying food trucks to serve meals in severely affected areas, as residents work to restore their homes.
• And, importantly, continuing to follow up when you contact us by phone or through social media.

We continue to be inspired by the strength and resilience of this community. Mostly, we are proud to be New Yorkers and to count ourselves among your friends and neighbors. Thank you again for your patience and for entrusting us to serve you even better in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,

Glenn Britt
Chairman & CEO
Time Warner Cable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> SANDY SUPPORT INFORMATION All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

 
Credits | Contact Us | Privacy Policy