Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sat Jun 24
Sun Jun 25
Mon Jun 26
Tue Jun 27
Wed Jun 28
Thu Jun 29
Fri Jun 30
Rebuilding Together NYC Referral

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> SANDY SUPPORT INFORMATION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Rebuilding Together NYC Referral
From Dec 07, 2012 to Dec 21, 2012 (included)

I had the pleasure of meeting with Jennifer Terry who is cc'd here and learning about their program Rebuilding Together NYC. They are a great not for profit that is looking to help with the rebuilding effort.

I have attached Jennifer's contact information for those who like to reach out to her. It also includes their website where you can learn more about their program. However, here is a brief overview of their program: Some things Rebuilding Together NYC considers when looking at the applications:

Priority Homeowners are:
• 80% area median income- If its over this amount, we still want to consider those homeowners as well.
• 65 and over
• Disabled
• Veterans
• Families with children

They also can take applications for community centers, nonprofit facilities and places of worship that need repairs.

Reach out to them and see how they can help.

Andrew
------Original Message------
To: Andrew Olsen
Cc: Chelsea Muller
Subject: Re: Rebuilding Together NYC Referral
Sent: Dec 5, 2012 10:29 AM

Andrew, Absolutely understandable.  We work in all five boroughs, but are focusing on areas where we are most needed. I'm looking to find local organizations or community leaders in those communities affect that can send homeowner referrals to us, so that we may be able to assist them. I would certainly appreciate making some connections in Staten Island as well. We are interested in being able to provide appliance replacements as well as home repairs needed. Just to give you bit more insight on Rebuilding Together NYC, here are some things we consider when looking at the applications: Priority Homeowners are: 80% area median income- If its over this amount, we still want to consider those homeowners as well. 65 and over Disabled Veterans Families with children We also can take applications for community centers, nonprofit facilities and places of worship that need repairs. Looking forward to hearing how we can help, --  Jennifer Terry Assistant Program Manager Rebuilding Together NYC Office: (212) 374-1638 Cell: (770) 597-3845 website I facebook Click here to donate to Rebuilding Together NYC's Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Fund Community Starts at Home On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Olsen, Andrew <AOlsen> wrote: Hey Jennifer, Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I am very interested in your program and would love to help you anyway I can. Is Coney Island the only area you are covering in Brooklyn. I also cover Staten Island so I can help you with making connections there. Let me know how I can help. Andrew   From: Jennifer Terry [mailto:jennifer.terry@rebuildingtogethernyc.org] Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:55 AM Eastern Standard Time To: Olsen, Andrew Subject: Rebuilding Together NYC Referral   Good morning Andrew My apologies that we did not get to speak last night at the CB 13 meeting. I did want to follow up with you via email in hopes to discuss how Rebuilding Together NYC can assist in filling the gaps of home repairs needed for homeowners in the affected areas throughout Brooklyn along
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> SANDY SUPPORT INFORMATION All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: