Joined: Mar 17, 2005
Location: Staten Island
|Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:06 pm Post subject: American Dreamers Award Nomination Deadline 3/8
From Feb 27, 2013 to Mar 08, 2013 (included)
|The Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs is taking nominations for the third annual American Dreamer Awards as part of New York City’s 10th Annual Immigrant Heritage Week (IHW) which runs from April 17th to April 24th 2013.
We invite you to nominate candidates for the distinguished awards which will be presented at the Immigrant Heritage Week kick-off event on April 17th 2013.
Nominations are due Friday March 8th, 2013 and can be submitted through the following link: http://nycmayorsoffice.ada2013.sgizmo.com/s3
We hope you nominate someone who’s made a difference in your immigrant community and please share this information with your networks.
Who Qualifies: Individuals or organizations whose contributions have improved the lives of immigrants and immigrant communities in New York City
· Ambassador - for an individual who has served as an exceptional spokesperson or role model for their community
· Community Builder - for an individual or educator who, or an organization which has been a notable community organizer and coalition builder that has developed innovative ways to support and assist in the integration of newcomers
· Business Leader – for an individual who has made significant contributions to the advancement and support of immigrant owned businesses
· Visionary – for an author, artist or performer who has made significant contributions to the cultural tapestry of New York City
· New York’s Uniform – for a member of the NYC uniformed services (Police, Fire, Corrections and Sanitation) who has been of special service to their community providing either cultural or language assistance
· Commissioner Fatima Shama, NYC Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs
· Commissioner Nazli Parvizi, Mayor's Community Affairs Unit
· Joshua Winter, NYC Economic Development Corporation
· Dio Gica, YMCA New Americans Welcome Centers
· Jane Slater, Citizen's Committee for New York City
· Gonzalo Casals, El Museo del Barrio
If you have any questions, please contact Maria Cruz Lee at 212-788-7654 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like Immigrant Heritage Week on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Maria Rosana Cruz Lee | Special Assistant to Commissioner Fatima Shama
NYC Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
p: (212)788-7654 | f: (212)788-9389 | nyc.gov/immigrants
American Dreamer Awards - Nominations due March 8th, 2013
As part of New York City's Immigrant Heritage Week, the American Dreamer Awards honor individuals and organizations whose significant accomplishments and contributions have improved the lives of immigrants and their communities in New York City.
We invite you to nominate candidates who are great examples of the City's resiliency and those that have gone above and beyond their call of duty to make a difference in their community. The awards will be presented at our 10th Annual Immigrant Heritage Week Event on April 17th.
Nominations are due March 8th, 2013
Stay Connected: facebook.com/nycimmigrants | twitter.com/nycimmigrants
Subscribe to the MOIA Bulletin for monthly updates.
Office of the Mayor
Community Affairs Unit
Office: 212 788 7451
Fax: 212 788 7754